Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blessings

Hello everyone.  Last week I was amazed and delighted to learn I was to be the proud recipient of Deb G's giveway...her blog, Bee Creative, is a place I often visit for tips and reassurance about living sustainably and harmoniously on this planet.  This week the wonderful package arrived!  A beautiful indigo hand-dyed and hand-knit cowl...it is perfect because our Bay Area air often feels chilly on my neck and ears.  This is how I love to wear it, walking down the street into the wind:
She also included this bit of soft blue roving, also hand-dyed...this is inspiring me to start a new felting project:
Thank you, Deb!

Here are a couple of updates on the last projects I posted about...I took out the stitched words on the pony picture because they seemed too dominant, but some of them are still there, under the kantha...I like it better this way.

...an exercise in Piecing:

AND!  the family has an addition...She's 3 months old and so far her name is Gilly...it started out to be Golly, but now it is Gilly...it might continue to change, but it's been Gilly for a whole day now.  She was found wandering around the streets of Madera, but now she's home.

Right now she's sleeping on my lap. It's awfully nice to have a dog.  What a week!


9 comments:

  1. oh the cowl looks great on you and such a lovely color. welcome to Gilly. she looks real sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna...lots to be grateful for now! Gilly is a very sweet pup...she's teaching me how to play..

      Delete
  2. OH my, you look SO CUTE in your new fiber!
    Not sure you look *as cute* as that sweeeet little woofer you've got there...she's lucky to have you
    ;>]]
    Lovely post, Suzanna, as is the stitching...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christi...we are both really lucky...I've never had a puppy before, so we're both working on our learning curve. I love how she plays a little and then takes a nap.

      Delete
    2. Oops, actually I did have a puppy before. Well, she was my son's, but we interacted a lot. Life was very hectic then and I wasn't able to enjoy her puppyhood...

      Delete
  3. You looks so beautiful in your new cowl. I love wearing them as they are just the right amount of warmth and so versitile. Gilly, what a sweet little pup. Congratulations on finding a loving home. (We also have a new addition of the feline species. We pressume she was dumped, but she got a clean bill of health from the vet.) Wishing you a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie, thanks for stopping by...congratulations to you for your new kitty! Gilly came from the Tony LaRussa animal rescue foundation...they gather up animals from various shelters...Gilly was just a stray that no one wanted, which is astonishing to me, but lucky us!

      Delete
  4. Your welcome! The cowl looks wonderful on you! And yes, they are lovely for the wind, they stay put! Gilly is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm ears, full moon, spring, new pup...all keeping my heart happy...

      Delete