Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

It is Mother's Day Eve and I wish you all a good day tomorrow.  Sometimes we are mothers and sometimes we aren't, but somewhere somehow there is a mother involved in our being here and may she be blessed.  My own personal mother died several years ago, but I still have daughterly feelings which I try to activate when the motherless feelings arise.  And one day after my mother died, I for some reason needed to be especially kind to myself, so I bought this little needlecase which is in constant use.  It comes from a quilt store in Vermont and I wish I could be more specific, but alas, that's the best I can do.   Perhaps the lovely person who made it will see it here!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanna, thanks for visiting my blog. I did reply to your comment, but your comment is non-reply so I came over and thanks you here. I love your folded purse, how cute! Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to cloth to cloth workshop. I'm so glad to meet up with many new blogger, artist blogger. I'm a quilter, but always interested in textile and fiber - a workshop with Jude will certainly point me to the right direction - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to it too Nat. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little needlecase! I'm glad you treated yourself to something so pretty and useful, too. I have had such a hectic week, it is good to just sit and catch up on blogs. Oh, just this minute it started to rain ~ how perfect to contemplate your raindrops in your previous post and listen to the rain outside! xo Kari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kari, it is so good to hear from you. It is interesting timing on the rain! We have had a bit of rain here today also...I like the excuse to sit inside working and cogitating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello suzanna! so awesome to receive such a fabulous comment on my blog from you! i've replied on my blog but wanted to come here and say thank you for the smile you placed upon my face!

    and this needle case is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This lovely needle case must be very precious for you. I love what you wrote about mothers, that we all come from a mother and that's why we here.
    (I haven't been here for some time, I was on holiday)

    XX

    ReplyDelete