Friday, January 29, 2010

Donkeys and Crows finished






















Here is the final (I think) version of the donkeys and the crows.  It's 6.5" x 16"... an experiment that kept evolving.


















This is a detail of (last month's) blue moon.  It is made of leftover fringe scraps that I compressed and then sewed in with silvery thread.  Now I am wondering what the donkeys and crows are saying to one another, so I will address that soon.  Meanwhile I'm hoping to make a header for this blog, but no promises as to when it may appear, that is to say, how long it takes to figure out how to do it.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful detail in that silvery/blue moon and I love those crows...have you used velvet? That would have been difficult to applique!

    The starry sky is the perfect finish.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacky...thank you! I didn't use any velvet in this piece although I'm hoping to soon. The reddish background is wool and the crows are made out of a shiny black, probably synthetic material that was hard to work with. I told the helper in the fabric store that I wanted to make a crow, and this is what she gave me. She said it wouldn't run, like silk, so I thought since it was an experiment I would just take my chances. I like how it turned out, but the whole piece is relatively fragile and that bothers me somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blue moon. And I'm also wandering what the crows are saying to the moon, perhaps something about fragile being beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a nice sense of reflection in all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jude, thank you. Your words encourage:)

    ReplyDelete