Thursday, January 7, 2010

covering a small amount of ground

This is what I did yesterday in the midst of work being done on the house and the Christmas tree going bye bye, because it was Twelfth Night. This bit of embroidery is still homage to the blue moon, waning now. I wish I had used a contrasting thread, but this is as it is now, allowing for change as the piece grows larger. I am grateful to Jude Hill at Spirit Cloth for teaching about this wonderful stitch and for celebrating slowness.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Suzanne! Thanks for sharing your quilt! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elena. It's just a tiny section of a bigger quilt. Wish we could have a little snow here. Maybe I better be careful what I wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does the bigger quilt look like? Maybe you can put up that picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elena. It's not quite ready for a photo, but soon. Its title is "Heart-broken horse girl mends herself" or something like that.

    ReplyDelete