Here's a close-up on how the donkeys are coming along. I gave them a little ground to stand on.
And here is another bookmark. I used linen for the background. This little bird I made using a stabilizing fabric backer because it's silk and was slippy sliding around something terrific. Next time I'm going to experiment with starch and see if that will help with tucked-under applique. Maybe it would be a good idea to work on a bigger scale!
The photo doesn't pick up the shiny thread moon that the winter bird is looking at.
And here is one more, an experiment, a sampler of all these new (to me) ways of working. It is maybe Santa wading through the January lull.