Saturday, April 2, 2011

Marching into April

Hello fellow dear inhabitants of Planet Earth...locally, spring is behind schedule because of all the rain.  One (of the many) advantages of blogging is a new form of daily ordering of events.  Last year on March 23, I took this photo of the wisteria:

Here is the wisteria on March 29, this year:

I've been working on more felted squares, which I've decided to call Prayer Mats.  First a green horse, which isn't quite done:

This is a prayer for order:

And this is a prayer for Containment, for all the leaks our planet has been experiencing...in the Gulf of Mexico, in the nuclear power plant in Japan, the wiki-leaks, and also for the levees in California, which hopefully will hold during the spring melt:

That's all for now...

10 comments:

  1. Suzanna, the prayer cloths -- oh me oh my! Containment is especially meaningful to me for a number of reasons in addition to what you mention. I love them all though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peggy...there are so many things one can't really do anything about, except pray...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your felted squares are beauties. i love that last one. when i first moved into my house i planted a wisteria vine. after 5 years of no blooms, i took it down. the wisteria here in austin was beautiful this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deanna...I have just learned how to do wet-felting...getting closer and closer to the basics of this cloth-making adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. a prayer for order. loving that. and its a nine patch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jude, yes...I am loving your Whispering Nine Patch...it's like Home Base...

    ReplyDelete
  7. suzanna...these are all so just great...i
    love the horse and can't imagine what all else you would add....the colors are so soothing
    wonder what if feels like to work on them...
    i'll never know. beauty~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Grace...thank you...I think it's his eye...to me it wants a little something...not sure what...it's a little bit like using watercolors...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same here, everything is weeks behind. Thinking about how holding things in isn't necessarily a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb...yes to that thought...I'm learning to trust in nature's timing, even though it is baffling sometimes...

    ReplyDelete