Saturday, July 22, 2017

A plan

Hello everyone!  I have been hatching a new plan which represents my small effort towards addressing the situation my country is in.  For six months I am going to do a series of 5" x 7" watercolors, hoping to post one (or more?) a week, on the theme of mending and healing.  The plan is to sell prints of these images for $20 per. I will donate fifty percent of the earnings,  for six months, (July 1- December 1, 2017) to the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) of Northern California.  I am particularly interested in helping with immigration issues. The ACLU is a respected organization which directly assists people whose civil rights are threatened.

To make things simple if you're interested, email me (the address is in my blog profile); I'll work out the shipping costs, send you an invoice with Paypal instructions, and then send you the print(s) as soon as the transaction is complete.


In addition,  an explanatory haiku will accompany each image:

"Tired of argument
Ears fly off to school
called Listen in Heart."

This blog is, for the time being,  going to be the vehicle for this plan, but in time, a separate website will likely emerge.  If there is any problem with reaching me, please leave a message in the comments.  Thanks!  Sending love, ~~s.


2 comments: