Saturday, November 4, 2017

Four for October

Hello everyone!  October was a challenging month and at the end of it a very nasty cold came along, but here are the four images, plus haiku; at the onset I thought they would all be drawn from my train trip, but other realities cropped up.  The theme remains the same...mending and healing. 

The next workshop
will be "what to do about
all this erosion."

There is the egret
wading in the cool waters;
a respite from fire.

Her heart is broken
and her boxing gloves are on.
Be kind.  Let her be.

Who is going to
teach us to use words better?
I nominate: birds.

These images represent the fourth offering in a 6 month commitment I've made to donate 50% of the proceeds of my artwork to the ACLU of Northern California with a focus on giving assistance to immigrant communities.  A 5" x 7" print of each of these original watercolors is available
for $20.  (postage is minimal, but extra)
If you are interested in participating, please contact me through my email address (click on "complete profile" in the sidebar under "about me".  Then click on "email" under "contact".)  This will all be a little easier once I have my new website.  If you have trouble reaching me, please let me know in a comment.
Thank you, dear readers.  Have a good November. xoxo, s. 


words and images ©suzannaklein 2017
 




No comments:

Post a Comment