Tuesday, September 10, 2013

On the road

I've embarked on a big adventure...a road trip to Lopez Island, WA for a workshop with India Flint! Right now I'm in Ashland, Oregon, staying at a lovely AirBandB with my bike!  I rode around a little bit after resting from the drive...the mountains are so BIG.  To look at that is...I do not mean to give the impression that I am an athletic bike rider.  Gently hilly is kind of ok, but I prefer flat, and I like to ride on the sidewalk instead of alongside the cars.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to insert a photo...I would love to show you one of Mt. Shasta...alas the iPad is balky about posting photos.  It's a long hot drive...106 degrees for a spell.  Now it's cooling off and the crickets are singing...a homey accompaniment to embroidery...

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Suzanna. I see you're on my old stomping grounds! Ashland is such a beautiful area. Enjoyed seeing your stitching in the previous post. The horse is striking.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadia! It is a lovely town...so many shade trees and friendly people. I imagine living here was very nice. I'd like to stay here longer, but must soon get back to driving...what a respite this has been. Thanks so much for stopping by...

      Delete
  2. I love ashland
    So excited for tomorrow
    I pack my things tonite!
    See you real soon
    -sus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! I can hardly believe I'm really here, and will be in WA soon...well there are still many miles left. Am so much looking forward to meeting you and this workshop!

      Delete
  3. It's a very warm day out here with a splendid forecast for the weekend! Travel safe, enjoy the sights between and soon I'll be able to say, "Welcome!!" in person.

    p.s. sure hope you won't miss wee Gilly too much ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christi! Hot here too...Vancouver, WA...so beautiful though...I do miss Gilly, but I know she is having a very good time galloping around with all her doggy pals...I think absence is making my heart grow fonder!

      Getting closer! Can't wait!

      Delete
  4. Lucky you! I hope to take a class from India some day. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a very good time ladies !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful Els...I will say more when I'm home!

      Delete