Saturday, July 13, 2013

Good News!

Hello everyone!  I'm so happy to report that my embroidery piece that went missing (as reported in last post) has been found.  This is a BIG relief.

I've just recently returned from another train trip around the country!  Now I'm going to see if it's possible to add a photo from my ipad.  Here goes.

Ha! It seems to have worked; although I'm not crazy about the fuzziness, at least it appeared.  This is a stickwork sculpture by Patrick Dougherty.  In front of it is The Lorax by Dr. Seuss.  On my way to Vermont, I stayed in Springfield, MA at a wonderful airbnb that was right around the corner from a bunch of museums.  In the courtyard bordered by the museums was a delightful Dr. Seuss Sculpture Garden, as well as the stickwork piece.  There were rooms and pathways inside the magical stickwork house; the heat and humidity seemed unimportant in there.

I'm hoping to do some shop updating as well as creating a facebook page for the mostlythreads shop.  It is exasperating figuring out how to do it (the facebook part)!! So I'm going to let it be for now, walk Gilly, and be glad I was able to post this much! 

11 comments:

  1. Glad you found your embroidery (phew!) and shared this delightful sculpture with us. The photo isn't the least blurry to this viewer! Have a great summer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret...thanks...I'm never sure how things look on other computers...You have a good summer too...even though it's just begun, I can feel the days getting shorter already. Glad you stopped by...

      Delete
  2. Ohhh Suzanna, só good your embroidered piece will be back !!!

    What a fun sculpture ;-) magical place !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Els, yes I am glad too...it was hard to "let go" of it, when I heard it was lost...but eventually I did, and then suddenly came the email saying it had been found! A lesson somewhere in there. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hello! My you are having the adventures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the truth! And I am SO glad to be home!

      Delete
  4. Can't stand when something disappears and you know it has to be somewhere! Happy it's made it's way back to you!

    Love the stick sculpture! Very cool!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucinda! Yes, I am relieved! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hi Suzanna, I'm going to try and give you a link to a foggy poem by Amy Clampitt

    http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15330
    hope this works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth...thank you SO much for this beautiful poem...I think I'm emerging from a bit of a fog myself so it seems very appropriate.

    The link worked perfectly when I received the announcement of the comment, but somehow when it was published, it became just words. I tried re-copying and a couple of other things, but Blogger won't let it link...aarghh!...it does work to copy the address and paste it into a browser, which I urge everyone to do because it is a wonderful poem. I especially love the last line..."the ticking, linear filigree of bird voices."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just want to say that the glitch of non-linking has to do with blogspot...NOT your link! I will send them a message.

      Delete