So, I took my camera in for advice about how to improve the color situation and came home with a new camera! Then, a beekeeper stopped by and gave me a job of embroidering 3 bees on a denim jacket; this was very unexpected. There was a dilemma about what to charge; he suggested $10. per bee. (I would love to hear how others resolve this sort of issue.) It seemed really high to me, so I decided to time the process. The first bee took one hour fifteen minutes...that was on the pocket...hard sewing. The second took 56 minutes and the third took 45 minutes. They are goofy looking bees and smaller than they appear here. I still need to work out the details of how exactly to embroider them, but not today because tomorrow the two grandsons and their parents will arrive from the east coast! They won't be staying here but I will see them as much as possible.
19 hours ago