Last year I found this wonderful chair at a yard sale. $5! I love to sit in it out back to sew or draw or read, but the paint has been steadily chipping off, so I decided to fix it up a little with some plain old string and Elmer's glue, then some paint to hold the whole thing together. My neighbor, Emily, helped me take it to the do-it-yourself car wash and we power-sprayed it to strip it even further, and now I'm in the process of painting it. The primer coat on the bottom is half-way done in the middle photo. Work was called off due to the heat wave we've had, but SOON the dear old chair will be looking lovely. That's a re-working of a square for Liam's quilt in the seat.
Lastly, here is a piece I made last year that might be in a local show. It's called "Cowgirl's got a Bunion", and it's somewhat autobiographical.
10 hours ago